Especially Boring For Those Of Us Without Indoors!
I don’t know about you, but I spend most of the winter trying to stay warm. Also, trying to thing to do to enjoy the horses over the winter.
Here Are Some Ideas!
- Plan the next 5 rides with your horse.
- Make a back-up plan for if the weather doesn’t cooperate for you to ride.
- Clean your tack box, grooming box or tack locker.
- Get your horse blankets clean and in good repair for when old man winter blows in and you need them.
- Clean your tack. Use covers to keep it clean if you have them. Any random leather, bits or spurs, put them in some kind of storage where they will stay clean and dry.
- Give your horse a spa day! Primp them and clean them the best you can with them wearing their winter woolies.
- Go on a bareback ride with a friend. Let the horse’s body heat keep you warm!
- Learn a new groundwork exercise and work on it with your horse.
- Teach a friend how to do the groundwork exercise with their horse
- If you are a show rider come up with a tentative show schedule with your trainer and your barn friends.
- Go on a trail ride or plan one if the weather makes it impossible to do right now.
- Grab your barn friends, make some horse treats and then have a horse treat taste-testing party with your friends and horses at the barn.
- If it is just too cold to bring yourself to go to the barn, plan a horse movie marathon party.
- Celebrate with your friends that we are getting closer and closer to spring by the day!!